Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The City of Fuqing...

My roomie, Melissa and I
This picture of a massive fireworks pit would have been so much better if it wasnt for the chinese dude who threw the firework in right as I was taking my shot....he scared the tuna right out of me.


This little lady is a teacher at Mayflora School and one of the most bubbly girl I have ever met

Love locks



The locals of Fuqing showed us this really sweet hiking place....this was right before our sweet excursion.

The first 2 days that were spent in our dorms, none of us girls could figure out how to work the hot water. In fact, we were oblivious that there was even hot water available. Shaving our legs became a fatal attempt.

On our way to Fuqing we rode 10 hours on what is called a "sleeper bus" There were about 30 really hard beds and the bus reeked of nasty feet. Due to the fact that there was a chinese man who kept flashing a light into my eyeballs, I had a very difficult time sleeping.


So I got a little kick out of this one...


Here at the school in Fuqing, we are the first ever ILP group to come and teach english. The president of the school was so excited to have us that he made about a dozen huge bilboards with our ugly passport pictures and placed them all over the school. (I'm on the top right)

2 comments:

Super Angie said...

Awesome pictures!!!! Keep blogging Emily!

Amber said...

I'm glad you found out there was hot water. Looks like you're having some amazing adventures!